On Friday I talked to the fellow who was hired for this area, probably about 3:30pm. We decided it would be best for him to meet me here at the hotel at 8:30am and go from here.
This morning he called me at 8:10am and wanted to let me know that he wasn’t going to take the position. A better offer came in.
Okay… Thanks… Fuck! I know where this is heading. Chances of me being on that Wednesday morning flight back to Michigan just got a lot slimmer. I find it hard to believe that he got a job offer in the window I described above, but that’s neither here nor there. My issue is that I’m ready to go home and this makes that unlikely.
I talked to my boss and let him know what was going on. He made noises about finding somebody to fill in for me. But as of this afternoon there have been no takers. He’s got a couple more guys to go, so says he. We’ll see how that all works out. I fully expect that I’ll be here through Sunday. And I expect that they’ll be asking me to stay another week. I do not want this mind you; it’s just what I’m expecting. If this position paid better I might even consider taking it myself. But it’s not union and the pay scale isn’t even where I started at. So it really isn’t an option for me. Too bad, I kinda like Florida.
I slept like crap last night.
I have failed to get a stable version of City of Heroes to play on my laptop in the 4+ weeks I’ve been away from home. It freaks out the graphics card on my laptop and crashes after 10-30 minutes of play. So I’ve done a lot of aimless surfing on the internet and watched more TV than I have in 20-years. And as an added bonus, only about a third of the stuff that I thought I’d put on my iPod actually transferred. On the plus side I did chat with my buddy Joel on IM for the first time in months this weekend.
Really, that’s about all I have for you tonight. Later.